Find out in this timeline Deaf people around the world who have held political responsibilities and who communicate in Sign Language in the exercise of their functions.
- 1990, Gary Malkowski (Canada): member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario between 1990 and 1995. Party: New Democratic Party (centre-left).
- 1992, Stefano Bottini (Italia): member of the Social Affairs Committee of the Italian Parliament from 1992 to 1994. Party: Italian Socialist Party (centre-left).
- 1996, Alex Ndeezi (Uganda): member of the Parliament of Uganda since 1996 in representation of persons with disabilities. Party: National Resistance Movement (right).
- 1999, Wilma Newhoudt-Druchen (Sudáfrica): member of the Parliament of South Africa between 1999 and 2014. Party: African National Congress (centre-left).
- 2003, Sigurlín Margrét (Iceland): member of the National Parliament of Iceland (Alþingi) from 2003 to 2007. Party: Icelandic Liberal Party (centre).
- 2004, Helga Stevens (Belgium): Member of the Flemish Parliament between 2004-2014, member of the Senate of Belgium between 2007 and 2014 and European Parliament since 2014. New Flemish Alliance (right).
- 2007, Dimitra Arapoglou (Greece): Member of the Hellenic Parliament between 2007 and 2009. Party: Orthodox Popular Concentration (right).
- 2008, Raghav Bir Joshi (Nepal): member of the Parliament of Nepal from 2008 to 2013. Party: National Democratic Party (centre-right).
- 2009, Ádám Kósa (Hungary): Member of the European Parliament since 2009. Party: Fidesz – Hungarian Civic Union (right).
- 2009, Helene Jarmer (Austria): Member of the Parliament at the National Council of Austria between 2009 and 2017. Party: The Greens, Die Grünen (centre left).
- 2010, Gergely Tapolczai (Hungary): Member of the Parliament of Hungary since 2010. Party: Fidesz – Hungarian Civic Union (right).
- 2011, Martin Vahemäe-Zierold (Germany): member of the Berlin-Mitte District Assembly between 2011 and 2016. Party: Alliance 90/The Greens (centre-left).
- 2015, Pilar Lima (Spain): Senator in the Cortes Generales since 2015. Party: Podemos (left).
- 2015, Camila Ramírez (Uruguay): member of the Parliament of Uruguay in 2015. However, the Chamber does not allow access to Uruguayan Sign Language interpreters. National Party (right).
- 2016, Thierry Klein (France): Mayor of Chambrey (Grand Est) since 2016.
- 2018, Amanda Folendorf (United States): Mayor of Angels Camp (State of California) since 2018.
You can find all the Unusualverse infographics here.